Students at Goshen Elementary were given a reading goal at the first of the school year to read at least 20 minutes a day. If they meet their weekly minutes goal, students are entered into a drawing for books and prizes. To go along with the rewards, some of the students had their names drawn for an opportunity to make a basket for money during an assembly. Students learned that it does PAY TO READ!
You are here
The Latinos In Action group from Payson High School came to Goshen Elementary to offer their help and support for our SEP Conference night. They did a great job with translations for our Spanish speaking parents and they also provided child care for anyone who was interested during this time.
The 4th grade students at Goshen School were able to attend a concert presented by The Utah Symphony under the direction of conductor Vladimir Kulenovic. Some of the musical selections were; Overture to William Tell, Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky, Music for the Royal Fireworks by Handel, Rite of Spring by Stravinsky and Finlandia by Sibelius. This experience provided an awareness of the different instruments and sounds through narration, demonstrations and guided listening.
Love and Logic Class
There's a lot of advice out there on how to raise your kids -- some is better than others. "Love and Logic" is a favorite of therapists, family life educators, teachers, principals and most importantly parents. It's practical, easy to learn and very effective. Come and enjoy this fun, upbeat and useful workshop!
Parenting With Love and Logic
CALL: Lynn (Secretary), 801-754-3611 to register
Classes: Tuesday Jan 15, 22, 29 Feb 5 6:00 p.m.
Place: Santaquin Elementary Library
Address: 25 S 400 W Santaquin, Utah 84655
COST: $20.00 (Book included)
Goshen Elementary Cold and Inclement Weather Procedures
With the more severe weather conditions of winter we wanted to
review our procedures to both reassure and help parents and
patrons prepare and plan.
· The school building will be open at 8:00 am. This will allow students to wait in the main hall until 8:30 am then they can go to their class. While waiting in the hall they can read a book, visit quietly with friends or work on homework.
· Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
· Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily). Between 20 and 30 degrees kids can be outside if they are dressed appropriately, if the wind isn't an issue and they won't get overly wet from precipitation.
· If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect. If it is to be a prolonged indoor stay (longer than 3 days) please send a note from the doctor.
· Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic, not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not bus lanes if you need to enter the building.
· In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage…) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents. This can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu.
· If we need to evacuate the school we will go to the LDS Church Stake Center (on 80 South Center). All teachers and staff members will remain with the students.
· We will release students only to parent(s), guardians or individuals that are listed on Student’s Contact form. This form can be updated in the SIS system.
Congratulations to the following students who were chosen for the students of the month from Goshen Elementary School. They are as follows:
Kindergarten: Ana Ramirez, Mariana Pena, Sean Perry
1st Grade: Rhett Carter, Juliana Sanchez
2nd Grade: Vianey Vazquez, Kimberly Green, Shane Pyne, Sadie Fullmer
3rd Grade: Sky Simons, Audrey Peterson
4th Grade: Daycee Drury, Haley Lundell
5th Grade: Yadira Vasquez, Mauro Morales
6th Grade: Rhyle Thompson, Bailey Savage