You are here
If the coming storm proves to be as strong as predicted, Nebo School District schools will be closed all day tomorrow, Monday, February 3, 2020. However, a final decision regarding the closure of schools will NOT be made until 6:30 AM tomorrow morning.
Nebo will NOT be considering a two-hour delayed start tomorrow due to our Monday early out schedule.
Communications will be sent to parents and employees through email, text, and phone IF school is going to be canceled. Otherwise, school will be held according to our normal schedule. Announcements will also be placed on the Inclement Weather section of our web page (www.nebo.edu), and social media.
Goshen's 5th Graders have been working hard, researching a famous American and doing a project on them. The final project was a wax museum where they were responsible for dressing up as their famous person, and memorizing a speech about them. The wax museum happened on Thursday, January 9th, and family, friends and fellow students were able to come down and learn about 45 famous Americans. This year's wax museum was a great success!
Mrs. LeighAnn Penrod, one of our 2nd Grade teachers, was chosen by her peers to receive the Crystal Apple Award. Her fellow co-workers had the following to say about her:
- Mrs. Penrod always has a smile on her face.
- She is a great example of being positive, even on the hard days.
- She works hard for her kids and pushes them with new challenges.
- She is an amazing teacher.
- She takes the time to get to know and connect with each of her students.
- She goes out of her way to make sure each of her students feels loved, safe and supported.
- She looks for the good in each student.
- She is an amazing teacher, and a friend to all.
- She is a great listener and is there for anyone whether you're a teacher or a student.
We are so blessed to have Mrs. Penrod teaching at our school!
Mrs. Wride is a technician at Goshen School. She works with many of the students in our school, and when nominated, her fellow coworkers had the following to say about her...
- Mrs. Wride is like an angel in disguise!
- She is there to help anyone at anytime.
- She goes above and beyond to help the students.
- She is so caring and looks out for the best interest of the students.
- She is a great friend.
- She is the first to step up and help without complaining.
- She always has a smile on her face.
- She is very dependable.
- She is very positive and happy!
We sure love having Mrs. Wride at our school!
Ms. Carter was awarded the Nebo PEAK award last week. Mrs. DeGraffenried had the following to say about Ms. Carter
“Alicia works hard to help all of her students learn at high levels. She is using technology daily in her classroom including Google classroom for writing, reading, science, and social studies assignments. Alicia is one of our math leaders as Goshen's teachers participate in CMI training. In her classroom she uses a flip approach to math learning. CMI naturally fits into her math instruction.
“Alicia has been a student council advisor for four years. She helped build student leadership capacity through teaching monthly character education themes in each of our classrooms.
“Alicia cares about her students and has implemented a Love and Logic classroom management system with her students.”
We love having Ms. Carter at Goshen School! Thanks for all you do for the students at our school!
Mr. Carter, Goshen's head custodian, and Mrs. Castro, one of Goshen's 1st Grade teachers were chosen this month for showing compassion and kindness. Some of their fellow staff members had the following to say about them:
- He is so good with all the kids. He has a special way of communicating with the students, especially the ones that struggle.
- He takes care of the students, knows all of their names, and knows how to talk to them in a way that gets through to them.
- Mr. Carter is always willing to help everyone and is always a friendly face in the mornings.
- I love the fun and caring way she greets each of her students every morning. She makes sure they feel welcomed and loved.
- She always has a smile and something funny to say that brightens everyone's day.
- She is so nice to everyone. Even if she doesn't know they that well.
- Mrs. Castro is so kind to eveyone in our school, whether it's a staff member or a student.
Thanks for making our school such a fun place to be!
To get our students excited about Chemistry, the chemistry class from Payson High School came and showed the 5th and 6th graders some fun experiments. They made and explained slime, showed the kids how glow sticks work and even had an experiment timed to music. Thanks for coming Payson High!