We are excited to announce that we are going to be doing Parents and Pastries again this year! We will be starting with the 1st Graders this year. Parents will meet in the library on Monday, September 11th at 1:45. Please bring your favorite picture book to share with a group of children.
Tomorrow marks Goshen's Grandparent's Day! We are so excited to have Grandparents come and see our school! The students will have the opportunity to listen to their grandparents read to them. The activity starts at 9:30 and will go until 10:00 (PM Kindergarten's grandparents will come from 2:45-3:10) The PTA will be providing a treat at the end of the activity.
Grandparents are also welcome to join their grandchildren for lunch tomorrow. A sign-up sheet was sent home with the newsletter last week that will need to be filled out and brought back in order to eat lunch. An adult lunch costs $4.00.
School is off to a GREAT start! Here are some important dates coming up in September that you will want to remember:
9/7-Room Mother's Tea 3:30 in the Library
9/11-1st Grade Parents and Pastries
9/18-Early Out Day--School is out at NOON
Watch our Website for more information as these dates get closer!
The Falcons at Goshen Elementary had a GREAT first week, last week! Among the festivites were the Annual Flag Raising ceremony done by Mrs. DeGraffenried and Mrs. Openshaw's 6th grade class. The students had fun getting to know their new teachers, and we had a hot dog roast during Back to School Night. We, at Goshen School, are SO excited and are looking forward to a GREAT year!
Please come to Back to School Night, Thursday August 22nd, at 6:00 pm. We will meet in the lunchroom for a few minutes, and then students and parents will be allowed to visit their teachers' classrooms for a little bit more detailed look at the school year. Please join us for a Hot Dog BBQ afterwards on the East field behind the school.
Walk in registration is TOMORROW, August 1st from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have completed all your online registration (you should have received an email letting you know you successfully registered) you do NOT need to come in to register your student(s) tomorrow.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have NOT completed your online registration before TOMORROW, you need to come in and register your student(s). We will have chrome books for you to use. Staff will be there to help you. (All students must complete the online registration process.)
- If you are new to Goshen, you will need to come in to the school to provide proof of residency, birth certificates, and immunizations, and receive your student ID# (which you need to register as an existing student).
- If you are a returning student with medical concerns and/or legal custody has changed, you will need to bring that information to the school tomorrow.
If your student is registered before TOMORROW you will be able to access their class placement through SIS. As a reminder, this is the Student Information System we use to look up any contact information. I strongly encourage you to visit this site regularly to make sure all information is correct (Phone numbers, Contacts, Addresses, etc.)
Our PTA will also be there tomorrow.
As always, if you have questions, need your student ID#'s or you need help completing your online registration please feel free to call the school (801) 667-3361.
Attention ALL Parents!
Would you like to serve on Goshen Elementary 2017-2018 School Community Council?
Goshen Elementary School Community Council (SCC) serves as an advisory council to the school administration.
State law establishes the following guidelines:
- The SCC will consist of parents, employees and the principal.
- The SCC will be elected by vote. Parents will elect parents and staff members will elect staff members.
- The SCC will meet for one hour monthly. The day and time will depend on the elect parents' schedule. We will set that at our first meeting in September.
- The SCC will address many issues that may include, but not limited to, Trust Lands Planning, Building Needs Assessments, School Improvement Plans, etc.
- The SCC will compile an annual performance report of the school to be sent to the Nebo School Board.
If you are interested in running in the election for School Community Council, please email the information at the bottom of this sheet to the principal (email@example.com) by August 22, 2017.
The election will run August 25 - Sept. 1.
Name(s) of child(ren) attending Goshen: ______________________________________________________________