The 4th grade students at Goshen School were able to attend a concert presented by The Utah Symphony under the direction of conductor Vladimir Kulenovic. Some of the musical selections were; Overture to William Tell, Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky, Music for the Royal Fireworks by Handel, Rite of Spring by Stravinsky and Finlandia by Sibelius. This experience provided an awareness of the different instruments and sounds through narration, demonstrations and guided listening.
Love and Logic Class
There's a lot of advice out there on how to raise your kids -- some is better than others. "Love and Logic" is a favorite of therapists, family life educators, teachers, principals and most importantly parents. It's practical, easy to learn and very effective. Come and enjoy this fun, upbeat and useful workshop!
Parenting With Love and Logic
CALL: Lynn (Secretary), 801-754-3611 to register
Classes: Tuesday Jan 15, 22, 29 Feb 5 6:00 p.m.
Place: Santaquin Elementary Library
Address: 25 S 400 W Santaquin, Utah 84655
COST: $20.00 (Book included)
Goshen Elementary Cold and Inclement Weather Procedures
With the more severe weather conditions of winter we wanted to
review our procedures to both reassure and help parents and
patrons prepare and plan.
· The school building will be open at 8:00 am. This will allow students to wait in the main hall until 8:30 am then they can go to their class. While waiting in the hall they can read a book, visit quietly with friends or work on homework.
· Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
· Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily). Between 20 and 30 degrees kids can be outside if they are dressed appropriately, if the wind isn't an issue and they won't get overly wet from precipitation.
· If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect. If it is to be a prolonged indoor stay (longer than 3 days) please send a note from the doctor.
· Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic, not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not bus lanes if you need to enter the building.
· In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage…) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents. This can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu.
· If we need to evacuate the school we will go to the LDS Church Stake Center (on 80 South Center). All teachers and staff members will remain with the students.
· We will release students only to parent(s), guardians or individuals that are listed on Student’s Contact form. This form can be updated in the SIS system.
Congratulations to the following students who were chosen for the students of the month from Goshen Elementary School. They are as follows:
Kindergarten: Ana Ramirez, Mariana Pena, Sean Perry
1st Grade: Rhett Carter, Juliana Sanchez
2nd Grade: Vianey Vazquez, Kimberly Green, Shane Pyne, Sadie Fullmer
3rd Grade: Sky Simons, Audrey Peterson
4th Grade: Daycee Drury, Haley Lundell
5th Grade: Yadira Vasquez, Mauro Morales
6th Grade: Rhyle Thompson, Bailey Savage
On December 19, Goshen School held the annual Christmas Program, followed by our Christmas Books and Candy Canes activity. Each grade sang or performed a dance with actions to different songs from their favorite, Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer cartoon program. The program was a fun celebration for the students to practice and share with their families and community.
After the Christmas program, the school library, halls and classrooms were filled with students, families, teachers and friends spending time reading their favorite Christmas books and enjoying a tasty candy cane.
L. Kobie Wilkerson, award winning author, visited eight elementary schools in Utah, to teach students about writing and to share his love of reading and education.
While at Goshen School, Mr. Wilkerson spent lunch with the faculty answering questions that they had about his teaching and consulting background. Afterwards, assemblies were held in small groups so he could share how he developed his book ideas, share digital versions of his book as well as answer questions the students had about him. Copies of his book "Queen Infinity" were provided for each teacher, where he gladly signed each copy. Goshen students and teachers enjoyed his inspirational message to find their inner writer. Thank you Kobie for making reading interesting and fun!
For his Eagle Scout Project, Tucker Neil Brown painted areas of the Goshen School playground. Tucker painted a multiplication table, number line with 25 positive and 25 negative numbers, and he also repainted the 4 square and basketball areas of our playground. Thank you Tucker for your hard work for the students at our school!
The Goshen Elementary Students of the Month for November were as follows;
Kindergarten: Elizabeth Guzman, Ember Davis, Frances Gutke
1st Grade: Jada Hacking, Maklee Larsen
2nd Grade: Lindsey Orton, Max Kropf, Byn Staheli, Cole Carter
3rd Grade: Febe Bermudez, Dillon Ewell
4th Grade: Tate Strasburg, Raegan Anderson
5th Grade: Haily Atwood, Baylee Davis
6th Grade: Hosea Vazquez, Cordell Clinger