The Falcons at Goshen Elementary had a GREAT first week, last week! Among the festivites were the Annual Flag Raising ceremony done by Mrs. DeGraffenried and Mrs. Openshaw's 6th grade class. The students had fun getting to know their new teachers, and we had a hot dog roast during Back to School Night. We, at Goshen School, are SO excited and are looking forward to a GREAT year!
Please come to Back to School Night, Thursday August 22nd, at 6:00 pm. We will meet in the lunchroom for a few minutes, and then students and parents will be allowed to visit their teachers' classrooms for a little bit more detailed look at the school year. Please join us for a Hot Dog BBQ afterwards on the East field behind the school.
Walk in registration is TOMORROW, August 1st from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have completed all your online registration (you should have received an email letting you know you successfully registered) you do NOT need to come in to register your student(s) tomorrow.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have NOT completed your online registration before TOMORROW, you need to come in and register your student(s). We will have chrome books for you to use. Staff will be there to help you. (All students must complete the online registration process.)
- If you are new to Goshen, you will need to come in to the school to provide proof of residency, birth certificates, and immunizations, and receive your student ID# (which you need to register as an existing student).
- If you are a returning student with medical concerns and/or legal custody has changed, you will need to bring that information to the school tomorrow.
If your student is registered before TOMORROW you will be able to access their class placement through SIS. As a reminder, this is the Student Information System we use to look up any contact information. I strongly encourage you to visit this site regularly to make sure all information is correct (Phone numbers, Contacts, Addresses, etc.)
Our PTA will also be there tomorrow.
As always, if you have questions, need your student ID#'s or you need help completing your online registration please feel free to call the school (801) 667-3361.
Attention ALL Parents!
Would you like to serve on Goshen Elementary 2017-2018 School Community Council?
Goshen Elementary School Community Council (SCC) serves as an advisory council to the school administration.
State law establishes the following guidelines:
- The SCC will consist of parents, employees and the principal.
- The SCC will be elected by vote. Parents will elect parents and staff members will elect staff members.
- The SCC will meet for one hour monthly. The day and time will depend on the elect parents' schedule. We will set that at our first meeting in September.
- The SCC will address many issues that may include, but not limited to, Trust Lands Planning, Building Needs Assessments, School Improvement Plans, etc.
- The SCC will compile an annual performance report of the school to be sent to the Nebo School Board.
If you are interested in running in the election for School Community Council, please email the information at the bottom of this sheet to the principal (email@example.com) by August 22, 2017.
The election will run August 25 - Sept. 1.
Name(s) of child(ren) attending Goshen: ______________________________________________________________
Estimados padres y tutores:
Este correo es para informar que ya está el sitio de registro en línea de la escuela primaria de Goshen abrir para registrar su estudiante (s) para el próximo año escolar 2017-18. Este enlace es vivir ahora hasta julio 31st. El sitio de registro se encuentra en goshen.nebo.edu/registration. Siga los pasos de inscripción en la lista. Incluyen:
- Verificar & introducir información en Aspire
- Haciendo una donación/compra de un Anuario.
- Solicitar almuerzo gratis o reducido
Todos 1st tiempo Goshen estudiantes y para los cuales uno de ellos ha cambiado debe entregar la documentación necesaria a Goshen Elementary el 1 de agostost. Esto incluye:
- Prueba de residencia
- Prueba de custodia
- Plan de atención médica
- Me mmunization registro
- Información de salud del estudiante
- Autorización de estudiante medicina
- Primaria casa idioma (aparte del inglés)
Cámara registro: 01 de agosto de 2017 de 8:00 – 16:00
Esto es sólo para aquellos que:
- no completar el registro en línea y necesita una computadora para hacerlo.
- son el primer tiempo Goshen estudiantes obligados a devolver documentación.
- Vuelven los estudiantes con los cambios a la custodia, médica o estatus de residencia. (Favor de traer la documentación con usted).
Profesor asignaciones estará disponibles el 31 de juliost a los estudiantes que han completado el proceso de registro en línea y no es necesario llevar documentación a la escuela. Tareas de maestro solo se aprecian a través del SIS . http://www.nebo.edu/parents/sis
¡PTA de Gosén tiene una nueva página web! El enlace está en la Página Web de la escuela bajo PTA. (goshenutpta.ourschoolpages.com) tiene un paquete de inscripción en línea disponible (afiliación, donación, SWISH, camisetas, etcetera.) ¡¡¡Mira esto!!!
Conocen a los maestros De puertas abiertas se celebrarán el 21 de agostost de 2:00 – 15:00
Si usted tiene preguntas, por favor llame a la oficina entre 9:00 – 13:00 lunes-el jueves.
Gracias por su apoyo en este proceso.
Estoy emocionado por la escuela empezar!!!
La Sra. DeGraffenried
The Goshen Elementary School ONLINE REGISTRATION site is now open to register your student(s) for the upcoming 2017-18 school year. This link is live now until July 31st. The registration site is found at goshen.nebo.edu/registration (It is also on the links at the left). Follow the registration steps listed there. They include:
- Verifying & inputting information into Aspire
- Making a donation/purchasing a yearbook.
- Applying for Free/Reduced Lunch
All 1st time Goshen students and students for whom one of these has changed must deliver the necessary documentation to Goshen Elementary on August 1st. This includes:
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Custody
- Medical Care Plan
- Immunization Record
- Student Health Information
- Authorization of Student Medication
- Primary Home Language (Other than English)
Walk-in Registration: August 1, 2017 from 8:00 am – 4 pm
This is only for those who:
- did not complete online registration and need a computer to do so.
- are first time Goshen Elementary students required to turn in documentation.
- Are returning students with changes to custody, medical or residency status. (Please bring the documentation with you.)
Teacher assignments will be available on July 31st to students who have completed the online registration process and do not need to bring documentation to the school. Teacher assignments can be seen through SIS only. http://www.nebo.edu/parents/sis
Goshen PTA has a new webpage! The link is on our school webpage under PTA. (goshenutpta.ourschoolpages.com) It has an online Registration packet available (membership, donation, SWISH, T-shirts, etc.) Check it out!!!!
Meet the Teachers/Open House will be held on August 21st from 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
If you have questions, please call the office between 9 am – 1 pm on Monday –Thursday.
Soar High with PTA!
Why join PTA? Because membership matters?
Your membership ($5.00 per year) allows you to choose your local leaders and have a voice on how PTA funds are used. PTA funds programs and activities that are for your children.
Our PTA supports our school through the Halloween Carnival, Health and Safety Week, Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week, SEP Dinners, Movie Nights, and much, much more!
Goshen Elementary 2017-2018 PTA Board
President Kristie Bennett
President Elect Sammy Steinfeldt
Treasurer Rachel Pena
Secretary Megan Carlisle
Head Room Mom
T-Shirt Carolee Ewell
Health and Safety Week
Teacher Appreciation Week Jada Renzelo
Bookmobile Danielle Walton/Brooke Huntington
Fall Dance Festival
SEP Dinners Fara Davis
Newsletter Brenda Oberg
The Goshen Elementary PTA is looking for volunteers to help with their activities this upcoming year. This is a great opportunity to get more involved in our school. We would love to have you join us.
We are excited to announce Goshen Elementary PTA has their own WEBSITE! You can join PTA, sign up for SWISH, order t-shirts, sign up to volunteer for different events, etc. The website is goshenutpta.ourschoolpages.com/home
Summer Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 1:00