You are here
Join Goshen School in celebrating the great work being done by our students, parents and faculty during this time of At Home Learning, by participating in Utah Spirit Week. We will be joining schools across the state by posting pictures and messages on your favorite Social Media platform using the hashtags #goshenfalconsSOAR #neboschooldistrict and #utahschoolspirit . Watch our school website for pictures posted.
Breakfast: Cereal, Pop tart, Juice, Milk
Lunch: Mini Pepperoni Pizza Calzones, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk
Breakfast: Maple Waffle or Cereal & Poptart, Fruit, Milk
Lunch: Cheeseburger, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk, Creamie
Breakfast: Pancake on a stick or Cereal & Poptart, Juice, Milk
Lunch: Cheese Pizza Rippers, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk, Chocolate or Vanilla pudding
Breakfast: Confetti Pancakes or Cereal & Pop Tart, Fruit, Milk
Lunch: Ham and Cheese Deli Sandwich, Assorted chips, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk
Breakfast: French Toast Sticks or Cereal & Pop Tart, Fruit Milk
Lunch: Soft taco, Veggie Cup, Fruit, Milk, Cookie
SALT LAKE CITY (March 14, 2020) - At a news conference yesterday afternoon, Gov. Gary R. Herbert mentioned that during public school’s two-week dismissal, parents who are unable to be home with children will have the option to bring them to school to be supervised by teachers. This is not the case.
School campuses will remain open for the next two weeks so students can retrieve personal items or pick up assignments from their instructors. Some instructors may be available for brief one-on-one tutoring or to help answer student questions about their assignments. It is important to note that schools will not provide childcare of any kind.
During this period, meal services to students will still be available. In many instances, this is a grab-and-go lunch or breakfast program. These options will vary by school, designed to meet the unique needs of the local school community.
Families should look to local districts and charters for information on specific services available during the two-week dismissal.
Beginning Monday, March 16, Goshen Elementary will provide breakfast and lunch for families with students currently attending Goshen Elementary, Mt. Nebo Junior High, and Payson High School that live in our catchment area. Breakfast will be available from 8:00 - 9:00 am and lunch from 11:00-12:00 pm.
Students will be charged for the meal just as they would on a regular day. Those on free or reduced lunch will continue to receive that service as normal. Students will pick up their meals in the lunchroom and take them back home to eat. The school lunchroom will NOT be open.
Parents will need to call and pre-order lunch between 8:00 - 9:00 am each day. You will be asked your student(s) name.
- Lunch room: 801-667-3476
- Office: 801-667-3361
Breakfast and Lunch Menu for March 16 - March 20
- Breakfast: Cereal, Pop tart, Juice, Milk
- Lunch: Mini Pepperoni Pizza Calzones, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk
- Breakfast: Maple Waffle or Cereal & Poptart, Fruit, Milk
- Lunch: Cheeseburger, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk, Creamie
- Breakfast: Pancake on a stick or Cereal & Poptart, Juice, Milk
- Lunch: Cheese Pizza Rippers, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk, Chocolate or Vanilla pudding
- Breakfast: Confetti Pancakes or Cereal & Pop Tart, Fruit, Milk
- Lunch: Ham and Cheese Deli Sandwich, Assorted chips, Veggie cup, Fruit, Milk
- Breakfast: French Toast Sticks or Cereal & Pop Tart, Fruit Milk
- Lunch: Soft taco, Veggie Cup, Fruit, Milk, Cookie
March 13, 2020
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT TO DISMISS SCHOOLS
As directed by the State of Utah, all public schools in Utah will dismiss beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, for two weeks in response to COVID-19. This is a proactive measure.
School “dismissal” means that Nebo employees will continue to be in the schools providing learning for students through online instruction and/or educational packets to continue student learning. Further communication about devices and materials will come from your school.
Educators in Nebo School District are working on plans to extend learning at home through online learning opportunities. The first of next week, teachers will be preparing online materials, and we anticipate instruction will begin Wednesday, March 18.
More information will be made available to explain the details of the online platform as teachers use this time to prepare. Please watch for specific information from your child’s school and teacher(s).
MEALS FOR STUDENTS
In order to provide our Nebo students with “Grab and Go” meals, breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase at normal prices. Free/reduced meals are available for those who qualify.
• The school proactive dismissal for two weeks is meant to support social distancing and self-isolation to reduce the reach and spread of this virus. There will be no athletic or extracurricular practices or games during these two weeks.
• COVID-19 has rapidly changing dynamics and the school district administrative team is working with local health authorities to monitor the situation on a daily basis.
• Nebo will continue to publish updates at www.nebo.edu.
• For further communication and specifics, contact your local school.
• The Utah Health Department COVID-19 Hotline can be accessed at 1-800-456-7707. You can also receive Utah County Health updates by texting “UCHEALTH” to 888777 or the Utah County COVID-19 Helpline at 801-851-HELP (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
Please stay close to either our website, or like our Facebook page to stay up to date with important information about our school dismissal.